Last modified: 18 May 2018
The purpose of these Terms of Entry and Tournament Rules is to protect the safety of all participants, registered or otherwise. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone enjoy the Sentosa Beach Football Festival.
1. The Sentosa Beach Football Festival (“Tournament”) is organised and promoted jointly by FOX Networks Group Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“FNG”) and Werks Solutions LLP (“Werks”) (FNG and Werks, together the “Promoters” and each, a “Promoter”). By participating in the Tournament:
b. you expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and
c. you confirm that you do not breach any law in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering the Tournament.
2. The Promoters will not be responsible for any Participant entering the Tournament unlawfully or otherwise in breach of Singapore law. You are advised to check or seek advice on your local law before entering the Tournament.
3. The Promoters reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to:
a. amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice and by entering the Tournament you agree to any such amended Terms. If the Promoter amends or varies any Term relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on the Tournament website at www.beachfootballfestival.com; and
b. terminate or disqualify any Participant’s entry for the Tournament or reclaim and/ disqualify any Prize(s) at any time if it is the sole opinion of the Promoter that there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such Participant (whether discovered during or after the end of the Tournament).
REGISTRATION OF TEAMS
4. In order to participate in the Tournament, each team must pay a registration fee of SGD180 (for Islander Members) or $220 (for non-Islander Members).
5. Each person is allowed to register for only ONE team.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to repudiate the registration of any team or player(s) at its sole discretion.
7. No substitution, de-registration or inclusion of players will be allowed after the closing date of registration, unless there is a valid reason accepted by the Promoter.
8. Registration may only be submitted via www.beachfootballfestival.com (“Tournament Website”) unless otherwise notified by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to charge a holding fee of SGD50 for teams that have been confirmed but will be refunded upon registration on date of the Tournament. Such refund will be made via the credit card that was used to register for the Tournament and pay for the registration fee.
COMPOSITION OF TEAMS
10. Each and every team must comprise between 4 to 8 players including one Team Captain (“Captain”). There may be a maximum of 4 players per team on the pitch at the same time. To commence a match, each team would need a minimum of 3 players. Substitution will be permitted during the match by notifying the referee on the football pitch.
11. Teams can be comprised of both male and female players in any ratio. A maximum of eight (8) players in a team.
12. Each team must appoint one goal keeper. The goal keeper must be dressed in a different colour numbered jersey (or in a different coloured bib as may be provided by Werks) for identification purposes.
13. The Captain will be responsible of ensuring that his/her players are only registered in ONE team for the Tournament. If any player registers for more than one team, such teams may be disqualified from the Tournament, at the Promoters sole discretion.
14. All players must be over the age of 18 as of 16th June, 2018 and may be required to provide documentary evidence of their date of birth upon request.
REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE
15. Registration will close 10 days before the date of the Tournament; unless otherwise set out in the Tournament Website. Tournament selection results will also be available online at the Tournament Website. PERIOD OF TOURNAMENT AND VENUE
16. The Tournament will be held on 16th of June 2018 at Sapphire Pavilion, Siloso Beach, Sentosa, Singapore.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to change the date, time and venue of the Tournament at its sole discretion.
18. Teams are required to register together at the venue on the day of the Tournament. All players must bring present their valid identification cards or passports on the day of the Tournament for verification purposes.
19. Team Captain will undertake to submit their team line-up for registration at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of play. The entire team will need to register together; if any player of a team is not present, the team will be registered with 1 player less for the Tournament.
20. Teams will concede to a walkover, if they fail to turn up 4 minutes after the scheduled time of play, unless they have a valid reason. The decision of the presiding Tournament Official will be final.
21. For Knock Out matches, if the score ends in a draw after full-time, the winning team will be decided by sudden knock out. After full time, 3 players will stay on the pitch (3v3). The first team to score wins. If after 1 minute no team scores, then a player from each team will be withdrawn (2v2). If after another minute no team has scored, then another player is removed from each team remain on the pitch (1v1), at which time, they will play non-stop until a goal is scored. Kick-off is determined by a coin toss. The 3 players can only be nominated from the players remaining on pitch at the end time of the regular match. During the 1v1, in the Tournament of a free kick or throw in, the team in possession can restart the match by passing the ball to themselves from the dead ball position. For a throw in, they can pass the ball on the ground to themselves.
22. Each team should have at least two sets of contrasting (colour) and numbered jerseys. The first named team on the fixture list will ensure that their jerseys are in contrast in colour to those of their opponents. Players are not allowed to wear boots during match play on the beach. Socks, ankle guards and leg wraps are allowed. Players are however required to bring “non-studded” boots/shoes should the Tournament be required to play on the “emergency pitch” (due to wet weather) which is hard surface located below the Sapphire Pavilion Hall.
23. Any form of rough play, un-gentlemanly and unsportsmanlike conduct is strictly forbidden and players may be disqualified or otherwise penalised at the sole discretion of the referee.
24. The Team Captain will be responsible to monitor and ensure that their player/s under suspension are not fielded for subsequent matches, failing which the team may be disqualified.
25. Sideline coaching/ instructions are not allowed. If supporters continue with bad language/sideline coaching and attempt to distract the referee from the match, the referee has the right to ask the Team Manager/Official/Captain to restrain their supporters. If this appeal is not heeded, the Referee will warn the Team Manager/Official/Captain that this is a breach of the Tournament rules and that disciplinary action may be taken against the infringing team. The Referee reserves the right to default the infringing team, abandon the match and submit a report to the Tournament Committee for a decision.
26. If, for any reason any match could not be played, the match may be cancelled or rescheduled at the discretion of the Promoter.
27. By participating in this Tournament, all participants agree and accept all administrative, disciplinary and refereeing matters decided in relation to the Tournament and agree to observe the principles of fair play.
28. If notified by Promoters, teams may be required to wear Tournament-sponsored jerseys/kits provided by the Promoters. Failure to do so might result in a team’s disqualification for being non-cooperative. Alteration of any kind or improper donning of the provided Tournament kits will be deemed as being non-cooperative. Teams are still required to bring along their own two sets of contrasting/numbered jerseys as a backup (Sponsored attire includes but are not limited to jerseys, shorts, socks and shoes).
29. No hard or sharp objects including jewellery, piercings, earrings, neck chains, etc. are to be in possession on players on the pitch during play. The referee has the right to ask a player to remove any potentially dangerous objects if he deems fit.
30. Finger nails are to be kept short; the referee can exclude a player if he deems that the player has infringed this rule.
31. Matches may be shortened to make up for any delays in schedule, at the Promoter’s discretion. Teams will be notified of shortened playing time at the beginning of the match.
32. For Group Matches, points will be awarded for tabulation as follows: Win = 3 points / Lose = 0 points/ Draw = 1point per team If teams are tied for group placing on points the follow will weightage will be awarded in order of: Number of Wins > Number of Losses > Goals Difference > Red Card > Yellow Card
33. Teams can be disqualified by the organisers if the team or any player is deemed unfit to participate in the Tournament.
34. Each team must provide one emergency contact phone number and address for emergency purposes. This must be submitted to the Werks prior to the Tournament.
35. Smoking is not permitted at the venue of the Tournament.
36. Substitution of players are permitted by notifying the referee when the ball is out of play; or during the Tournament in the event of personal injury. All substitutions must be announced to the referee officiating the match at play. Unlimited “rolling-substitutions” is allowed.
37. Each registered player will receive a wristband. The wristband MUST be worn throughout the entire duration of the Tournament. Players without a wristband will NOT be allowed to participate. Players must re-register with their original ID/passports if they lose/remove their wristband and pay SGD10 for a new wristband.
38. Matches will be a total of 10 minutes of continuous running time.
STARTING A MATCH
39. First possession will be decided by a coin toss.
40. When a goal is scored, the team that has conceded the goal receives the ball and the goalkeeper is allowed to bring the ball back into play immediately after the referees’ whistle.
41. Goals cannot be scored from kick off.
42. Throw in can be either taken with an overhead throw or kick in.
GOALKEEPER RULES & PENALTY AREA
43. A goalkeeper is permitted to score goals; if the ball is in-play and not from a dead ball situation (see point 7).
44. The goalkeeper is allowed to leave the penalty area. Beach football rules apply by demarcating this area with an imaginary line marked by 2 flag poles on both sides of the goal areas.
45. The goalkeeper must not hold the ball longer than 5 seconds in his penalty area (“playing for time”).
46. Any player may be the goalkeeper at any given time during the match. The referee will need to be informed. This can only be done during stoppage.
47. A pass back rule applies. If a goalkeeper picks the ball up with his hands after receiving a pass back from a teammate the other team is awarded a penalty kick.
48. From a dead ball situation, the goalkeeper must pass the pass to an outfield player and may not score directly.
49. There are no Off-Sides.
50. A penalty for the opposing team is given when: a) A team passes back three times in a row directly to their own goalkeeper with the intention of time wasting (without a player from the opposing team having had the chance to touch the ball). b) The goalkeeper holds the ball longer than 5 seconds in his penalty area (“playing for time”). c) If the goalkeeper picks up the ball with his hands when he receives a back pass from a player on his own team.
51. A penalty kick must be taken towards the goal. If the ball moves backwards from the goal the penalty is lost.
52. Once the penalty is taken and does not score, the ball continues to be in play. (i.e.: deflects off the post, deflects off the keeper, etc.).
FREE KICKS AND OUT BALLS
53. All free kicks are direct. Beach football rules apply whereby a “V-shape” pathway will be drawn from the 2 posts of the defending team towards the attacking player’s free-kick spot. No players, except the defending keeper, are allowed to be in this “V-shaped” area. The player being fouled, will take the free kick (unless injury prevents this).
54. The referee awards a free kick for all fouls on the field except for any offence, which is seen as a “penalty offence”.
55. Each match will have one chief referee. All decisions by the referee will be final. In the Tournament of a foul or unfair play the referee may judge as follows:
a) Yellow Card will be shown to a player as a first caution for infringement. b) Yellow Card: Two yellow cards in a single match equals an immediate Red Card. c) Red Card: (match penalty) – for serious foul play, a player is excluded from the rest of the match and also the remaining matches for his team for that day. The team has to play with one less player for the remainder of the match and tournament. d) Red Card: A team which has had a player sent off by a “red card” foul will be allowed to field 4 players in subsequent matches by substitutes. However, the player who has received the red card will not be eligible to be a substitute. e) Coaches and managers may be ask to leave the technical area. The Tournament organisers reserve the right to decide what action to take against the player or coach. Sanctions include suspension from future matches and the tournament. f) Red Card: In the Tournament of a draw when teams advance into sudden-death. The team which has received a red card will not be allowed to substitute in a new player. (I.e.: First minute=3 vs 2, second minute=2 vs 1, third minute=1 vs 1). In the Tournament of a RED Card being awarded in a 1v1 situation. The team receiving the Red Card will lose the match.
56. Disqualification from any match or the Tournament for a team or player: a) If these Terms are materially breached (heavy foul play, foul play on purpose, unacceptable behaviour on the court towards the referees, the audience or other players), one player or the entire team can be excluded from the match or the entire Tournament at the discretion of the referee. If a whole team is excluded from the Tournament then all the matches scheduled to be played by that team will be awarded to the opposition team.
57. Prizes may be awarded to the top 3 winning teams (“Prizes”). Further details regarding the Prizes are set out in the Website. Werks shall be solely responsible for the delivery of the Prizes to the winning teams.
58. The nature of each Prize is subject to change and entirely at the discretion of the Organiser.
59. In all matters relating to the Prizes, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
60. Prizes will be announced by the Promoters at the end of the Tournament.
61. Prizes are non-transferable.
62. Prizes are given on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind from the Organiser, express or implied, save where this would be contrary to applicable law. Actual Prizes given by the Organiser, and any of its sponsors, may differ from those shown anywhere on the Website, Rules or during the Event. Participants shall not make any claims or demands in this regard. The Organiser will not be liable in the event that any and all Prizes or part of any Prize is unable to be delivered or fulfilled.
63. Werks will be solely responsible for the distribution and/or delivery of the Prizes to the winning teams.
64. Employees of FNG and/or Werks will be eligible to participate in the Tournament but shall be expressly excluded from receiving any Prizes.
65. One medical team will be on site to provide treatment to injuries sustained during the course of each match. Each participating team will be responsible for their first aid outside of the match.
66. In the event that any player is injured especially when heavy bleeding occurs during the Tournament, he must be removed temporarily or permanently (as applicable) from the match and/or Tournament for the injuries to be attended to immediately.
67. Heavily blood stained attire must be changed before the player re-enters the match.
68. Any blood stained playing areas and/or surfaces should be cleaned whenever possible before the match resumes.
69. Medical coverage and Personal Accident insurance will not be provided to players. All participants play at their own risk and must obtain their own insurance if needed.
70. The referee’s discretion must be complied with if any player is asked to seek medical attention.
71. During the course of the Tournament, if any dispute arises between the player(s) and/or any team(s) (inclusive of the fielding for ineligible player(s) or any decision or non-decision of the referee etc.), a team may lodge a protest in writing on the spot together with the prescribed non-refundable protest fee of SGD100.00 (or equivalent in local currency) to the Tournament Committee who will then determine the matter on receipt of the protest in writing. If a protest is submitted made during any on-going match, the timeframe for submission will cease at the end of that particular match being protested. In the Tournament of the protest being dismissed, the fee will be forfeited.
72. Any protest regarding the state of the football pitch, its surroundings, markings of accessory items (i.e.: goals & match balls) shall be notified to the Tournament Committee before the start of a match.
73. FNG and their officers, employees, contractors and/or third party service providers may take your photographs, motion pictures, video, sound or any form of recordings during the Tournament, and by your presence and/or participation at the Tournament, you consent to FNG’s collection, use and disclosure of the aforementioned content for any legitimate purposes including commercial advertising.
74. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, if questions or matters arise in connection with the Tournament which is not expressly provided for in these Terms, such matter(s) will be resolved by the Tournament Committee, which will be deemed as final.
75. The Rules and Regulations as depicted are current at the time of printing. The Organising Committee reserves the right to add, delete and/or vary the said Rules and Regulations at any time as it deems fit.
76. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoters and their affiliated entities shall not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant participating in the Tournament or associated activities or as a result of inability to participate in the Tournament, or the acceptance or use of any Prize. The Promoters shall not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from registration for or participation or downloading any materials related to the Tournament.
77. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoters, their officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, loss, damage or liability suffered and fees and costs incurred, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from any act, neglect or default or breach by you or any person who may be authorized by you or for whom you are responsible, of any of these Terms in connection with your participation in the Tournament.
78. These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.